Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013


Hello family!
How is everyone doing? I'm glad the mission Pres sent you that picture, i'm not too good at remembering to take pictures or even send them but this next week i'll try to get a few. Through-out the week i'll get a list of things to say and ask but I always forget it when I sit down at the computer! I'll have to start writing them down so I will remember.
  I was able to buy a bike from and elder that got his biking privileges taken away cause he crashed 4 times and broke his wrist. That wasn't a good idea to buy his, because that night the bike broke. The gear shifter on the bike tire broke off when I was going up a hill so he is taking it back since it was damaged from when he crashed, but i'm going to just buy a new one now.
  The work here is going good. I can't remember if I told you but me and my companion were brand new in the area so we have been able to get things rolling and we are teaching people. There are some interesting people here. One guy we contacted said he thought he was a prophet that was actually a reincarnated angel that is trying to become a god that can go to different dimensions with angels and devils and gods. He said alot more, but it is very interesting some of the people here. There are alot of good people though. People are alot more religious than I thought. I'm learning so much and it is great.
   My trainer Elder Hicken is awesome, he actually played college basketball for a year before coming out here in southern Virgina or someplace like that. I never would have guessed though. The ward is so good as well, they have such a missionary attitude it seems, I don't know if that's just because I only see the missionary side of things. But the ward mission leader, Bro Bontempo, is the best. It's funny too, everyone here surfs. Even if they say they don't, they still surf.
   I need to learn how to write better letter but until then if you guys want you can ask questions so I can tell you more about here. I love you all and pray about you every day.
Love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment