Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 2013

Thanks for sending pictures, the yard is sure looking good. I wish I was there to be working next to dad! Or even better, working while dad just watched! haha That is awesome what you are doing with yard though, save some work for me for when I get back. I should have done all that for you guys before I left. I might have used that exact bobcat when me and Chandler were working out at the farm. We rented from Bro Memmot too. It's a fun machine. And a little less strenuous on your back. That is so crazy that Julene is coming home from her mission in Russia in only 2 weeks! That will be so fun for you guys to have more people in the house again. Everyone seems just as busy as usual. I was showing my companion some of the stuff going on and telling him about everyone, we seem to always have something going on in each stage of life with having all of our family members. He is the oldest of 3 so it is totally different for him... and most everyone in the world haha I love having a big family though.
      Transfers are this week and I got the news that I'm staying and Elder Hicken is going back to Long Beach to cambodia town. It was so fun though, last night there was a departure fire side for the missionaries going home and one of them was a cambodian elder so we went to it and there were cambodians there and Elder Hicken had me show off just a few of the things he has taught me like: hello, how are you doing. Wait a second. what time is it. I know only a little cambodian. God is our loving heavenly father. That person is drunk (we had to use that so we could tell each other when we would run into drunk people) and some other stuff. So that was so fun, the cambodian people are so nice. I want to learn the language and go to cambodia town too now.
Oh and another exciting thing is I'm just getting done being trained and I got assigned to be a trainer, it will be a definite  learning experience, but I am excited for it. I don't know how it will work because there is A LOT I don't know but it will work out. We are really having a difficult time getting people to progress. We are continually looking at ourselves and trying to change and tweak and adapt to be able to find the right formula to all the different ways and situations we run into to be able to find the most success and I guess we haven't found it yet. Me and my new companion will have alot of work to do!
    Thank you for all the support you give me. I am so blessed to have you guys and know that I have an amazing family at home. I love you all so much and think of you all the time ( it doesn't distract me from the work though ;) ) I love being on a mission, I am learning so much and changing for the better, I really feel like I am becoming somebody through the gospel and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to do this.
Love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment