Monday, September 2, 2013

Sept 2, 2013

Dear Family,
The transfer has gone very well so far, I really like my new area and companion. Speaking of, I need to ask before I forget. In Georgia did you know a Varney family in the ward? Elder Varney is my companion and he is from Snellville and growing up his bishop was Scott Johnson and now his stake president is President Johnson as well. He thinks that we had to have been in the same ward! It is a small world! He is an awesome Elder, I am very glad to have him as a companion.

We have already been able to do good work. The district is awesome as well, they are going to make my job easy. There are 8 of us total, 4 elders and 4 sisters. The ward is good as well, it is an older ward but a good one.

Elder Varney just got out of training but you would never guess it, he is really good. We share an apartment with 2 Spanish elders who are 1.5 months and 3 months old so our little apartment is fresh missionaries.

The people are a lot different here, it is funny seeing how religious choices, dedication, pride, and curiosity changes due to peoples circumstances. I am excited to get to work here as well.

Thank you for all the pictures and hearing the updates of everybody. When I get home I have to go around and visit everyone! They are all growing up and getting big and I am missing it all! So I will make a world travel trip. Are there any updates of the Cedar Temple? That is going to be so nice. Glad to hear all is well! I love you all! Have a good week!
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment